Sunday, May 2, 2010

You, Me, and It

The meaning and history of 'Fuck, Love, And Hate'...

FLH goes back about three years, to when a group of enthusiastic twenty-something yout's decided they were going to title their friendship. I contributed my knuckle tattoo idea as a title and it was quickly accepted.




I still love these tattoos, but sometimes there is sadness, almost a lamentation, about the old-times now associated with the words on the inside of my fingers. I figure this is mostly because I stand alone, and unsupported, in this 'crew'; a feeling I hope this rant, and my increased personal pressure, will surely undo. This emotional response is due to the fact that these are some of my closest, yet most seriously slacking, friends. They were supposed to get similar tattoos and rep the 'crew' almost 2 years ago now, but apparently they have yet to find time, the balls, or the few hundred dollars required in order to ensure that I am not a one man gang... sadface.

Fucking, Loving, Hating; a natural progression, and something all my friends seemingly become familiar with in their love lives at one point or another.

Fuck both Love, and Hate; because rarely anything good ever comes from either.

Some time you have to just Say Fuck Love and go out there and Hate. One of those self-serving, ethically challenged moments in life that you make decisions with no regard for the other people you may be effecting negatively.


FLH

(If you end up reading this you probably are friendly enough to join our little tattoo crew, but seriously ask first, as you may find all your lovely fingers hatefully fucking broken.)

No comments:

Post a Comment